The Kitchen cabinet handles may accumulate much built-up of dirt over time. This often results from our day to day opening of the cabinet where dirt and oils from your fingers stains the knobs. Finally, the impurities on the knobs normally interfere with their luster.
This translates to sullying of the knobs. It then holds that we should strive hard to keep the knobs clean by cleaning them on a daily basis. To achieve this in most excellent way, the following steps will be of great importance to you.
· Always remove the knobs from the cabinets with a screwdriver. Most o f the cleaning detergents and stiff scrubbing results to damage the woods of the cabinets. Some grime may also form behind the knobs. Hence, removing the knobs allows proper cleaning of such areas.
· Turn the screwdriver counter clockwise in the screw on back of the door while holding the knob tightly in on hand.
· Set the screws aside for later after removing them from the backs of the doors.a
· Submerge the knobs in a basin containing enough warm soapy water with vinegar additions. For wooden knobs, use gentle dish soap.
· To ensure that they fully lose the dirt, soak them in the soapy water for about 30-40 minutes.
· Use a soft brush to scrub metal, glass or porcelain knobs followed by a clean water rinse. For wooden knobs, use a soft cloth to rub them.
· Pay key concentration to the cravings removing the dirt and grease that may be present using the soft brush or cloth.
· Always give time for the knobs to dry totally for best results.
· To metal knobs, it’s greatly advisable that you apply metal polish to assist remove any discoloration and give them their original lustre.
· To ensure that the knobs do not tarnish easily and that they appear clean for long, apply a thin coat of a lubricant. E.g. liquid wax and buff dry.
· After this, screw the knobs back onto the cabinet doors.
You should always avoid using chemicals that are a bit harsh or polishes because they will ruin your knob’s finish. Also, do not use metal polish on the knob’s finishes and use a soft cloth with a mild detergent during cleaning.
For wooden knobs, learn to use gentle dish soap. For other materials, you can opt to use commercial cleaners like the ones made for metal or glass. Apply some polish to metal or wooden knobs and rub with a soft cloth to dryness to improve on their shinny appearance. Avoid using soap with any abrasives or ammonia components in it as this will wash the markings on the knobs away.
The kitchen cabinet handles may turn out to be a breeding ground for germs since are regularly touched. Hence, thorough cleanup on a regular basis is vital for a healthy hygiene free from dirt, grease and germs. It’s my hope that this information has been of great importance to you. It’s never too late if you hadn’t started working on your cabinet handles. Commence on it during your regular cleaning routine and see the difference!!